Tell me about….apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can help with so many things. It has to be one of the top natural remedies for healing the body – from whatever ails it! It’s medicinal properties start with the humble apple, which contains vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants – and no fat or sodium. If the fermentation process used does not alter its nutrients, all of the goodness of the apple can be extracted and retained, while enzymes and organic acids are added. It’s made by turning apple juice into hard cider, then fermenting a second time, to turn it into apple cider vinegar.
If time is a teacher, one thing has been learnt that apple cider vinegar is awesome stuff. Used by the Babylonians as a tonic in 5000 B.C. its been around for a while. It was even used by the father of Western medicine, Hippocrates, who reportedly used apple cider vinegar for healing and cleansing purposes.
Apple cider vinegar can be used to restore alkaline acid balance. Even though it is an acidic solution, some of its ingredients can cause one’s pH levels to become more alkaline.
A high pH level and alkaline foods have been shown to increase oxygen levels in our arteries and prevent the degeneration of cells.
Here are but a few ways apple cider vinegar can ais in restoring health & vitality to your body:
1. Balances the inner ecosystem – making the internal pH more alkaline. Disease prefers an acid environment, provided by processed food, among other things.
2. Detoxs the body – cleanse your body and kidneys easily. So therefore helpful for chronic fatigue.
3. Weight loss – ability to break down fat.
4.Eases allergic reeactions – pet, food, environmental.
5. Helpful with sinus infections, headaches, sore throats, and flu.
6. Clears acne, contact dermatitis, warts, varicose veins, and other skin problems.
7. Lowers high cholesterol and high blood pressure, often in a mere 2 weeks.
8. Kills Candida (and yeast infections) and fungus, and populates the gut with friendly microflora (good bacteria and yeast). This usually stops sugar cravings as well.
9. Used to ease arthritis, stiff joints, and gout.
10. Strengthens stomach acid to eliminate acid reflux and heartburn
Apple cider vinegar is widely used as a do-it-yourself beauty remedy. It provides a rosy complexion; is used as an aftershave, teeth whitener, facial toner, age-spot lightener, hair rinse (for body and shine); soothes sunburns; and, relieves swelling in hands and feet.
For your home and pets, use it to clean and disinfect most of your home’s surfaces (just like baking soda) and reduce fleas. Apply to pet’s skin for fleas. Add to water to kill internal parasites, or aid with ailments. Organic farmers even use it to treat parasite infestations in livestock. It’s a good addition to your Preparedness Kit.
Drink daily for best results. It is often used in salad dressings, or mixed with other juices into a drink. A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of room temperature water every morning will help with your bodies ailments.
Don’t be frightened by the murky brown sediment sometimes found at the bottom of the bottle. It is known as the “mother”. This just means that the apple cider vinegar is raw and contains living nutrients and bacteria that are beneficial to your health.
Any way you look at it, adding pure, organic, simply nutritious raw apple cider vinegar to your diet is a great idea.